Pelvic floor pathology
The pelvic floor is a set of muscles, ligaments and fascia that seal the lower part of the abdominal cavity and its mission is to hold the pelvic organs (bladder, urethra, uterus, rectum) in the proper position.
The pathologies related to pelvic floor dysfunction are numerous and are due to an alteration of some of the support structures mentioned by several factors, the most important of which are pregnancy and vaginal deliveries, although aging can also be a factor that promotes its development.
The most prevalent factors within pelvic floor dysfunction are:
- Prolapse of pelvic organs
- Urinary incontinence
- Hyperactive bladder
- Faecal incontinence
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Vulvo-vaginal regenerative cosmetic treatment
We treat each symptom or problem on a case-by-case basis, whether medically or surgically, if need be, and also addressing the preventive approach in patients at risk of developing problems in the future.
In the case of surgery, the therapeutic approach that we adopt must present a global approach, contemplating an anatomical reconstruction of the entire pelvic floor at the same time as trying to preserve the correct functionality of the organs involved at this level.
Type of treatment:
- Reconstructive surgery of the prolapse with or without meshes.
- Surgery for incontinence with meshes.
- Treatment of overactive bladders (medical, Botox).
- Cosmetic treatment (lip reduction, perineal and vaginal reconstruction...).
- Treatment of vaginal dryness (infiltrations of hyaluronic acid).
- Treatment of faecal incontinence and gases. Chronic constipation.
- Rehabilitation of the Pelvic Floor.
- Treatment of sexual dysfunction.
Search for your doctor
CENTRE GINECOLOGIC SARRIA
- Gynecology and obstetrics
- Areas of expertise
- Infant and youth gynaecology
- Preservation of fertility
- Assisted reproduction
- Prenatal, ultrasound diagnosis
- High risk pregnancy
- Respected delivery, natural delivery, humanized delivery
- Pelvic floor pathology
- Gynaecologic and endoscopic surgery
- Genital cosmetic surgery
- Gynaecological cancer
- Menopause unit
- Gynaecological psychology
- Areas of expertise