More than 95 years dedicated to people’s health
Clínica Corachan was founded on 19 May 1921 in its current location by Dr. Manuel Corachan García, an eminent surgeon and prolific teacher.
The original building was a tower in the neighbourhood of Sarrià that is still preserved today and is part of the current clinic, in the west wing of the Corachan 1 building.
Throughout its history, the institution has built several extensions; the most important one was in 2014, with the construction of a new building totally integrated with the rest of the health complex, which incorporates avant-garde facilities, new high-tech integrated operating rooms, a new and complete obstetrics area, a new emergency service, new rooms, new parking spaces, a new high-end magnetic resonance machine and many more services.
This healthcare complex currently occupies a total area of 40,000 m2, where more than 1,200 professionals and collaborators work directly or indirectly.
Since its inception, Clínica Corachan has been closely linked to the progress and development of Catalan healthcare and has collaborated with illustrious representatives of its medical profession and has acquired strong roots and a position of proximity, quality and prestige.
Within the framework of its commitment to quality, the avant-garde and excellence, it is currently one of the highest rated private centres in the country.
In 2009, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Clínica Corachan obtained the award for best clinic in Spain in the TOP 20 of IASIST in the category of private hospitals with a larger structure, consolidating its position of excellence and consolidating itself as one of the benchmark private centres in Spain.