Promotion of breastfeeding
We encourage breastfeeding. It is the best food for the infant:
- Covers nutritional needs.
- It is easier to digest.
- Contains antibodies that help protect against infectious diseases.
- Help physical development.
WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months and up to 2 years or more.
BENEFITS of breastfeeding
- Biological: reduces post-partum bleeding, helps breast cancer prevention.
- Breast milk is available immediately and saves energy, time and money.
- Breast milk is clean, contains no bacteria and has anti-infective properties.
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It strengthens the emotional bonds between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.
- Breastfeeding the baby helps the mother to recover her figure.